2015年12月27日 星期日

Things You Should Know About Chinese Shopping

I like shopping. And something happens when I go to China. Something in the air — either the around-the-clock manufacturing or the settling dust of a run-away economy – turns me into a rabid consumer.

Cute eyeglass frames for $15 USD each. Wooden buttons shaped like elephants. Ceramic buttons painted like porcelain. Tibetan prayer bowls. Cellphone covers for every day of the week.

Some may ask whether I actually needed the same linen balloon pants in three different earth-tone colors.

Honestly? I really did. Because I was on my China shopping spree.

China isn’t simply about the Great Wall or 5,000 years of history. With its economic development, China has become a major shopping destination with its own unique flair.

The Guomao district in Beijing, home of the China World Shopping Mall, features such storefronts as Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and Prada.

For me, however, these sterile fluorescent halls with their white mannequins have never held quite as much appeal as China’s other shopping venues.

Packed antique stalls, bustling night markets, and shopping centers divided into booths of different vendors with the same merchandise. That's what I'm here for.

For those inadequately prepared, however, shopping in China can be a complete nightmare. There are certain things you'll have to know to survive your first few shopping experiences.

1.  Sometimes people will follow you

I was seven years old on my first trip to China when this happened to me. A salesperson trying to convince my mother that I needed a pair of khaki pants followed us for several hundred feet.

Depending on where you are, sales associates will be terrifyingly tenacious when dealing with weak-willed customers.

You'll need to be equally tenacious when you're bargaining to get a good deal.

3. It's easy to get exactly what you want

One of the best things about shopping in China is getting your purchases customized.

Jewelry stores often display strings of beads that can be bought and transformed into whatever shapes and patterns you please.

Fabrics of your choice can be brought to a tailor, along with a pattern, photo, or sample of what you want made.

Friends of mine have purchased silk-lined suits, cloth cargo shorts, and even a wedding dress custom-made this way.By the way ,you can get taobao chinese traditional jacket online,such as taobao and agreetao.

6. Vendors expect you to bargain

Modern shopping malls generally have set prices that can’t be negotiated, but vendors at night markets, antique stalls, or personal booths at other shopping centers usually expect customers to question their prices.

But bargaining and haggling isn’t just procedure. It’s an artform. You can see how real Chinese people bargain in a Yoyo Chinese premium video and learn a few phrases to get a good deal.

I've listed a few phrases below this video, too, so you'll have more to work with!

沒有留言:

張貼留言